Date Revised: 10/2018
Reports To: CEO
Status: Part time, approximately 16 hours per week. Starts January 2019
Job Location: Missoula, Montana
How To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to Doug Koester at firstname.lastname@example.org
WALK FOR WISHES
The Walk For Wishes (WFW) program is a fundraising event that raises money to grant wishes. The majority of fundraising is done online through a dedicated WFW website. Participants are encouraged to register and fundraise in teams. Teams are broken down into types; the most common are Wish Families, Friends/Family, Corporate and Community/School teams. Walk day is a walk event that is a celebration of fundraising efforts and current/future wishes to be granted with the funds raised by this event.
The Special Events Director works with the CEO, Make-A-Wish Montana staff and volunteers to put on the annual Walk For Wishes in Missoula and the Walk For Wishes Billings in June of 2019. The SE Director is responsible for building and implementing a strategy to ensure events are successfully developed to achieve the targeted revenue goals. In Missoula, the SE director recruits, trains and manages fundraising volunteers for the walk including a Walk For Wishes committee and event chairperson. The SE director secures sponsorships and recruits walk teams to achieve revenue goals. The SE director works closely with staff logistics lead to ensure a successful Walk For Wishes event. In Billings, the SE director works with logistics team and Operations Coordinator to handle all back-end Billings Walk For Wishes website updates and walker communication. The SE director will prepare materials and proposals as directed by CEO and Development Manager. The SE director is responsible for implementing the Montana Beardies on-line fundraiser and in-person events January through March 2019.
- Work closely with CEO to design and implement a comprehensive strategic Walk For Wishes fundraising plan to ensure revenue goals are achieved and a base is set for continued annual growth.
- Recruit and manage special event committees including Walk For Wishes chairperson, sponsorship committee, team recruitment committee and event logistics committee.
- Secure and recognize corporate sponsorship for the walk to achieve sponsorship goals.
- Establish an annual corporate partnership program for walk with a tailored and customized ask for each corporation.
- Secure and recognize walk teams from corporate, wish families, volunteers, friends and family, University and school teams. Coach and encourage teams to set and achieve targeted revenue goals.
- Work closely with CEO to strengthen and expand donor, sponsor, volunteer and walk team base.
- Provide direction and oversee volunteer fundraising committee, assist with event scheduling, planning, production and develop event budget. Maintain accurate records of all in-kind and monetary donations. Be point of contact for event inquiries from donors and the public.
- Ensure contracts are complete, provide Make-A-Wish ® representation at event, and recognize donors following event.
- Utilize donor information systems to track donor relationship and post-event follow up, ensuring timely, accurate acknowledgement and recording of gifts.
- Establish cohesive relationship with media to ensure dissemination of information pertaining to wishes and event to encourage awareness of the mission. Ensure that a positive and consistent message is maintained through all communications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field; minimum 2 years non-profit walk or event implementation experience and/or nonprofit fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills with proven ability to work within tight timelines and limited budgets.
- Professional and polished image. Ability to work comfortably with people of diverse interests and backgrounds, including volunteers and community leaders.
- Ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Energetic and creative attitude with a strong customer service orientation, enthusiasm for the mission of Make-A-Wish®, and willingness to fully contribute to a team-oriented, fast-paced, high-functioning organization.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications and Blackbaud or similar donor management software.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and to travel within chapter territory.