Date revised: 9/2019
Reports to: CEO
Salary range: Competitive salary plus health insurance and retirement benefits
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Job Location: Billings or Bozeman, MT
The Regional Development Director implements and sustains a comprehensive fundraising program for Make-A-Wish® Montana in assigned territory and state.
The Regional Development Director works collaboratively with the CEO, Ambassadors, Board and Volunteers to develop and implement fundraising strategies throughout the region and state.
The Regional Development Director recruits, trains and manages fundraising volunteers for region. Includes coordinating regional media communications.
Work closely with CEO to design and implement a comprehensive strategic fundraising plan to ensure a continuing stable financial base for Chapter operations in region and state.
Implement and/or oversee Make-A-Wish® fundraising initiatives and programs, including Giving Society, Support-A-Wish, Walk for Wishes, Kids for Wish Kids, Corporate Partnerships, Cause Marketing, and other programs as necessary.
Work closely with CEO to strengthen and expand donor base and assist in the development of major gifts and planned giving campaigns in region and state.
Build, sustain and grow chapter relationships with donors in region and state, including donor recognition programs, communications and creating opportunities to connect donors to the Chapter’s mission and activities.
Responsible for building and implementing a strategy to ensure the Walk for Wishes Billings event is successfully developed to achieve the targeted revenue goals. Recruits, trains and manages fundraising volunteers for the walk, including a Walk for Wishes committee and Chair. Secures sponsorships and recruits walk teams to achieve revenue goals. The walk director works closely with staff logistics lead to ensure a successful Walk for Wishes event.
Provide direction and oversee volunteer fundraising committee, assist with event scheduling, planning, production and develop event budget. Maintain accurate records of all in-kind and monetary donations. Be point of contact for event inquiries from donors and the general public.
Oversee external events by ensuring contracts are complete, providing Make-A-Wish ® representation at event, and recognizing donor following external event.
Utilize donor information systems to track donor relationship and follow up, in addition to ensuring timely, accurate acknowledgement and recording of gifts.
Establish cohesive relationship with media to ensure dissemination of information pertaining to wishes and events to encourage awareness of the mission. Compose and distribute local press releases and public service announcements. Ensure that a positive and consistent message is maintained through all communications.
Recruit, train and manage fundraising volunteers for region. Collaborate with Program Director to develop and implement local Volunteer Appreciation Program in region.
Develops and maintains established outreach and referral relationships.
Work with Program Services Director to provide recommendations on wish-granting volunteers for individual wishes, ensure volunteers are meeting expectations, maintain knowledge of wishes in territory for development purposes, and provide recommendations to wish-granting volunteers for corporate partners to assist with donations such as wish parties.
Apply for appropriate grants to increase revenue available for wishes. Maintain a grants calendar of foundation due dates and progress.
Represent Make-A-Wish® Montana in the community through presentations to professional organizations, schools and other related agencies.
- BS/BA degree preferred in related field, minimum 3 years business experience and/or nonprofit fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills with proven ability to work within tight timelines and limited budgets.
- Ability to work comfortably with people of diverse interests and backgrounds, with volunteers and community leaders.
- Ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Energetic and creative attitude with a strong customer-service orientation, enthusiasm for the mission of Make-A-Wish®, and willingness to fully contribute to a team-oriented, fast-paced, high-functioning organization.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications and Blackbaud or similar donor management software.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and to travel within Chapter territory.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.